• Masters of Religious Education, 1982
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX
• Bachelor of Science, 1978
Shorter College, Rome. GA
• Church Ministries Director
Madison Baptist Association, 2002-Present
• Associate Pastor, Education/Administration/Missions
Gilliam Springs Baptist Church, Arab, AL., 1989-2002
• Served four churches in Alabama and Georgia from 1972-1989
• Ordained to the Gospel Ministry, June 13, 1982
Woodlawn Baptist Church, Rome, GA
• Helped lead Gilliam Springs Baptist Church to receive four Eagle Awards from the SBC for Sunday School and Church Growth.
• Led Associational, Regional, State, and church conferences for training in Sunday School, Deacon Ministry, and equipping church leaders.
• Led youth and adult mission teams to Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania.
• Led international mission teams to Brazil, Ukraine, and Romania. • Worked with World Changers as an Associational Coordinator.
• Served on the Northeast Alabama FCA Board since 2004.
• Served on the Crisis Pregnancy Board of Marshall County.
• Served as an officer and member of the Associational Religious Education Association, the Alabama Baptist Religious Education Association, and the Network of Baptist Associations.
I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord at the age of 12. I surrendered to the call to ministry at the age of 18. Since that time, I have tried to serve and be obedient to God’s calling on my life. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful wife, three sons, and recently, two granddaughters. Since my surrender to the ministry, it has been a blessing to serve in the areas of music, youth, education, and missions in the local church. For the past ten years, I have been blessed to use that experience as an associational missionary for the Madison Baptist Association. My goal in life is to serve my Lord faithfully wherever He gives me that opportunity.